Globe and Mail Article by
Globe and Mail Article by
In the US which will have some effects in Canada regardless.
In Canada Bell and other carriers have been aggressively lobbying government and regulators to allow them to have more control over the Internet.
The EU has legislation but in some cases their is grey areas. In at least Sweden a carrier is being taken to Court to try and enforce.
I lost my step Dad who I grew up with to cancer 3 years ago and sadly saw lots of sick kids in the cancer ward when visiting him in palliative care. Cycle Challenge Team If you interested in joining team SaddleUp see link below. Please consider joining, sharing with friends or sponsoring me. They track cycling indoors, outdoors and stationary bikes if you use one at the home, the gym or elsewhere. I figured just to work and back for me in June is about 440 km so I set a personal target of 600 km for June and team of 2400 km (at least 4 members doing the same). If I or we can do more great. My personal goal is to raise $600 and Team goal of $1000. Both can be changed anytime. I use Map My Ride app on my smart phone in my bag to track my progress, calories burnt / intake and other goals. This can be linked to Cycle Challenge or they have their own app. At least Map My Ride also works with the heartbeat monitor that came with my wife’s Garmin GPS so if you want the extra info get one of these or similar. — Dear Kevin, SaddleUp has been created and is registered to ride this June! As part of your team registration, a team fundraising page has been created for you: greatcyclechallenge.ca/Teams/SaddleUp Your team page will display all your team members, total fundraising, team ride goal and will list all donations made to each team member (and your team). And you can also keep track of your ranking through the team leaderboard: greatcyclechallenge.ca/Leaderboards/Teams Now, start recruiting your team members to ride with you to fight kids’ cancer! https://greatcyclechallenge.ca/Pages/About/about-sickkids Good luck. Great Cycle Challenge Team
Do you think MPI has been allowed to operate and act outside the law (The MPI Act, other Provincial and Federal legislation as well as Charter Rights)?
WiseUpWinnipeg and many are arguing they have been doing this for years and progressively getting worse with less and less transparency and accountability.
The majority of the main stream media has proven to be influenced, biased, misleading and to often they shy away from the larger issues the public face especially if it upsets those in power and the elite.
The PC Party while in the official opposition objected to out of control spending by MPIC but once elected have ignored their promise to reign in spending and have allowed it to get worse.
Here are just a few of the many serious allegations and some of the proven facts to help you decide. Plus some suggestions on actions that can be taken collectively to make a difference.
– Senior Executives with MPIC have been lying or misleading the public and MB PUB to get rate hike and demerit scale change requests approved while ignoring out of control spending on much higher than average executive and senior management to staff rations, salaries, pensions, expense accounts and other benefits plus admin costs up to 40% higher than previous years.
– Taking action against drivers before alleged offences proven in court even when there is no real danger to the public then collecting from higher fees from suspensions and related.
– Ignoring the 50% or more increase in rear end collisions at red light camera intersections and others with dangerously short City wide 4 sec amber time regardless of speed limit or other safety factirs, and other known or created and dangerous engineering deficiencies that are being aggressively targeted by For Profit TSS / Xerox / Conduent and over staffed and inefficient WPS.
– Diverting Millions of dollars to Police, Consultants and others from overcharging instead of refunding as they are required and used to do. For regular, annual or pilot “Safety” Programs and Studies proven by FIPPA requests, Ombudsman complaints and investigations by WUW and others to have little to do with real safety and more about countering police budget reduction attempts and demerit related revenue.
– Not reporting complete and accurate data and stats for accidents, injuries, claims as required by the Conditions of Authority for Photo Enforcement
– Sponsoring “independent” research institute (TIRF) that did “safety” study and produced report that was mostly filled with false and misleading information that was used to expand photo enforcement.
– Ignoring recommendations in studies and audits that would lead to destroying the credibility of Photo Enforcement and eventual shutdown of the program.
– Misleading GoM, MB Parliament, MB PUB and the public with their 2017 – 2020 Road to Zero / Vision Zero “Safety” Strategy.
– Many claims or alleged simple traffic offenses handled unfairly by MPIC. Claims denied or undervalued response without valid reasons. Demerits and deductable applied to both drivers even when proof one at fault. Demerits when Crown or JJP agreed to grant reprimand.
– Reports or complaints of unfair, unethical or unlawful behavior by MPIC with claims, vehicles written off and related being ignored unless going to Ombudsman or proper Court.
– They started diverting overcharges to pay for Police to have Automatic License Plate Readers (ALPR) several years ago. They implemented with little to no oversight or protections against misuse and privacy violations.
Now FIPPA requests, City of Winnipeg Open Data systems and WUW member investigations have proven Winnipeg Parking Authority is using ALPR’s to issue 1000’s of unfair and unlawful alleged parking offenses. This after NDP and PC pushed legislation plus City of Winnipeg bylaws implemented without due diligence, little to no public consultation or debate that are against public interest and arguably are unconstitutional.
Manitobians and especially Winnipeggers are some of the highest taxed, leved, fee’d and fined residents in Canada yet getting some of the least in return. How much more can they and the economy take?
Stayed tuned for more on this and what can be done about it!
An interesting article below from the Globe and Mail about low birth and fertility rates in Canada and elsewhere plus my added commentary along with related information I have collected.
Canada and many countries in the West, parts of Asia and South America have birth rates between 1.4 – 1.9 child per female or lower. Without increasing rates and immigration some of these will go bankrupt or extinct in the long run.
Many people in these countries are concerned that large immigration from countries with very different values related to seperation of church from state, equal or civil rights and similar will overtime undermine what has made their countries relatively safe, free of radicalization, prosperous and attractive to immigration in the first place.
Many experts saying our planet can’t sustain the overal global rate of population growth, energy consumption based on current food production and other technology, fresh and clean drinking water and other resources plus how we are treating the environment.
Birth control use in these countries is the main factor for the lower rates but what is causing so many women to not find a partner, not have children or delay so long it becomes too late?
Many universities in these countries have seen shifts of about 70% male students to 70% female. Many couples or families with one child can’t afford to have more or for one parent to stay home with the kids. This can often lead to a hectic lifestyle not conducive to getting pregnant.
Many women say they can’t find a man that is motivated or interested enough.
Here is a few things researchers are saying are affecting boys and young men’s motivation:
Men that frequently use laptops on their lap or tight fitting underwear and pants can overheat their testicles which reduces sperm count and fertility.
Some men choose a simple vasectomy after they have had enough kids for their own reasons or so their partner does not need to take birth control and the higher risks this may have.
Girls are entering puberty earlier. Many of these and young women incouraged to use birth control pills even if they not being sexually active to regulate menstration. Even with known issues with increased risks of depression and other side effects.
Are these having long lasting or unknown effects like some medications? If they not sure more independent and proper scientific studies need to be done. In the mean time would recommending other forms of birth control for sexually active women be better?
So environmental (pollution including hormone mimicers or disruptors), food industry (hormones and additives), additives in shampoo and other products, some medications plus some societal and culture changes are all having negative effects on boys, girls, men, women, birth rates, health and more.
This puts us in a bit of a condumdrum.
How we move forward is important and ignoring will only result in matters getting worse.
More on lack of motivation of boys and young men plus what can be done.
Reducing childrens screen time and much more